A wonderful week of teaching and cooking and what a better way of learning how to cook the perfect rice, cook the most delicious lamb kofta and a super tasty raita and super soft chicken and spinach curry. East meets west course.
The most beautiful plain rice is prepared from how to handle it.
- wash is thoroughly without breaking the rice grain. use a bowl and fill it with plenty of cold water. ( avoid breaking the grain)
- Rinse the rice so the water runs clear – it could take 15-20 goes so be patient – put the radio on
- Soak as long as you can – overnight is good if you want to do it a day before
- Cook using 2 part water to 1 part washed rice.add salt and allow to boil
- Cook on a lowest heat on the smallest burner, lid on and set the timer for 10 minutes. Go and enjoy a cup of tea ( this is to stop you from lifting the lid off the saucepan).
- Once cooked, turn off the heat, set the saucepan aside and leave to rest for 10 minutes if you can hold on. – keep the lid on.
- Serve with your favourite Bini curry.
Hi Bini – Thankyou so much for a most enjoyable day … loved it ! The smell in the car is driving my husband mad … he can’t wait to try it all when we get home. – Kathy (Worcestershire)
Dear Bini. Thank you so much for the most wonderful day Spent with you at Sweet Cumin I have learned new skills with spices and Indian cooking. My day with you was a Christmas gift from my son and daughter in law, I am so looking forward to cooking for them and showing them my new skills. Thank you again for a most informative and relaxing day Very best wishes – Judith – (Taunton)