Mixed vegetable curry
1 courgette washed and cut into chunks
1 carrot washed and cut into chunks
1 fresh tomato washed and chopped finely
3 – 4 new potatoes ( washed and cut into half)
5 green beans washed and cut into thirds
1 small aubergine
thumb size piece of ginger -peeled and chopped
2-3 cloves garlic –peeled and chopped
1-2 chillies – stalks removed and chopped
handful of chopped coriander chopped
1/4 cup boiling water
salt to taste
3 tbsp. oil ( I used rapeseed oil)
Spices for the plate
1 tspn mustard seeds
1 tsp cumin seed
2 tsp coriander and cumin powder
3/4 tsp garma masala (Bini’ s own) – can be purchased and delivered by post
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/4 – 1/2 tsp chili powder
1. Heat the oil in a wok or large pan with a lid.
2. add the mustard seeds and allow to pop. Quickly add the cumin and then the ginger, garlic and chilli. Stir well.
3. Now add the vegetables aubergine, courgette, carrots, potatoes and green beans and stir well.
4. Toss in the remaining spices, tomatoes and half the coriander. (add salt at this stage if desired)
5. Add the water bring to a boil cover and cook for 20mins or until the potatoes are cooked through.
6. Turn off the heat, sprinkle the remaining chopped coriander and serve with cumin rice.