Taste of the West – Champion Ready meals, Soups & Light Eats – Classic chicken curry 2017
Judges comments ‘ An authentic complex dish with just the right amount of heat. You just have to keep going back for more’.
11 Great Taste Award 2017
Great Taste 2017 – 1* Bini Garam Masala
South West Regional Finalist for the Delicious Magazine Produce Awards 2016
Great Taste 2016 – 2* Potato and Coconut Curry , 2* Moghul Chicken Curry
Taste of the West – South West Best Local food to go 2015 – Winner
Great Taste 2015 winner – 2* Kala Channa nu Sac, 2* Delhi Matar Paneer and 1* Chicken Curry
Great Taste Awards 2014 – 2* The Best Ever Lamb and Spinach Curry and 1* Gujarat Toor ni Dal 2014
Welcome to Bini – Authentic Indian Home Cooking – Made in Somerset, Inspired by India
On the menu this week are my award winning Moghul Chicken, Lamb with Spinach, Delhi Matar Paneer, Gujarati Toor Dal to name a few.
The dishes are prepared in my kitchen using fresh locally sourced ingredients. They are suitable for children and adults who enjoy spicy food. The dishes are made in small batches retaining their flavour and come ready frozen.
They will keep in your freezer for 12 months and are ideal for those days when you fancy a homemade supper without the fuss.
Use the drop down menu to read the full description of my tasty menu, and to order please use the form below.
Collection is from my home; The Barn, Clapton, Midsomer Norton, BA34EB. Opening Hours Mon – Fri 9-6pm. Payment is bacs or cash (cheques are no longer accepted).
“Thank you Bini for a wonderful Christmas day lunch! My husband and I were on our own yesterday and I didn’t want the faff of cooking a roast for two so I decided to serve your delicious Mogul Chicken, which I bought in the farm shop at Beckington. It was such a splendid meal that I think a new family tradition has been born! Best wishes for the rest of Christmas and the New Year” – Judith
“Hello, I’ve just enjoyed your lamb and spinach curry, bought through Somerset Local Food Direct, and it was superb. A brief note to thank you. I will be buying more from your range” - Chris.
“Hi Bni, Just to say thank-you for a wonderful meal! Everyone marvelled at the food and there was lots of it which was good with several big hungry men sitting at the table! The whole evening was ‘great craic’ as the Irish say! Thanks again! – Maoliosa
The frozen ready meals can also purchased from the following Stockist:
- Tisbury Deli High Street, Tisbury, Salisbury SP3 6HA 01747 871771
- Plank’s Farm Shop, The Old Potato Yard, Lydeway, Nr Devizes, Wiltshire SN10 3PU 01380 848691 http://www.planksfarmshop.co.uk/
Frome / Bath
- Whiterow Farm shop Frome, Beckington BA11 6TN 01373 830798
- Hartley Farm Shop & Cafe. Winsley, Bradford on Avon, BA15 2JB. Wiltshire. Phone: 01225 864 948 http://www.hartley-farm.co.uk/
- Farleigh Road Farm Shop Farleigh Road Farm Shop & Café, Norton St. Philip, Bath BA2 7NG. 01225 720006 http://farleighroadfarmshop.co.uk/
- The Galleries Shop and Café, Freshford Lane, Freshford. Bath BA2 7UR. 01225 723249 http://galleriesshop.co.uk/
- Fresh Range https://www.fresh-range.com/bristol/producer/sweet-cumin (delivery to your home Bath and Bristol areas)
- The Parlour, High Street, Wellow, Bath. BA2 8PU. 01225 835438 http://www.wellowparish.info/index.html
- Newton Farm Foods Ltd, Newton Farm, Newton St Loe, Bath. BA2 9BT. 01225 873707 http://www.newtonfarmfoods.co.uk/index.php
- The Green Shop, 10 South Rd, Midsomer Norton, Radstock BA3 2EZ. 01761 418857 http://greenshopmsn.co.uk/
- Health and More, High St, Timsbury, Bath BA2 0HT. http://healthandmoreonline.com/
- Queen Street Deli, 14 Queen Street, Wells. 14 Queen Street, Wells, Somerset BA5 2DP T: 01749 679803 http://www.queenstreetdeli.co.uk/
- Bill the Butchers – Spa shop, 11 High Street, Bruton. BA10 0AB 01749 812388
- Somerset Local Food Direct https://localfooddirect.co.uk/delivery.asp ( delivery throughout the whole of Somerset and on the boarder of Dorset https://localfooddirect.co.uk/delivery.asp).
- The Green House, 17 Silver St, Ilminster TA19 0DH 07708 566796 (vegetarian options only sold fresh in the café)
- The Trading Post, The Old Filling Station, Lopenhead, Somerest. TA13 5JH. www.tradepost.plus.com
- The Red Lion at Babcary, Main Street, Babcary. Somerset. TA11 7ED 01458 223230
- The Deli Castle Cary Market Place, Castle Cary. BA7 7AH. 01963 350208.
- Withies Delicatessen, Unit 2 Willows & Wetlands Centre, Meare Green Court, Stoke St Gregory. Somerset. TA3 6HY www.withiesdelicatessen.com
- Wild Oats Natural Foods 9-11 Lower Redland Rd, Bristol, BS6 6TB 9-11 Lower Redland Rd, Bristol, BS6 6TB 0117 9731967 http://woats.co.uk/
- New Manor Farm Shop, New Manor Farm, Bristol BS40 6HP http://www.newmanorfarmshop.co.uk/
- Farrington Farm Shop Home Farm, Main Street, Farrington Gurney, Bristol BS39 6UB 01761 452266NB
- Fresh Rangehttps://www.fresh-range.com/bristol/producer/sweet-cumin (delivery to your home Bath and Bristol areas)
- Somerset Local Food Direct https://localfooddirect.co.uk/delivery.asp ( delivery throughout Somerset and Bristol) https://localfooddirect.co.uk/delivery.asp).
- The Village Shop, Charlton Horethorne, Sherborne, Dorset. DT9 4NL http://chvillageshop.co.uk/
- Pamphill dairy Farm Shop, Abbott St, Pamphill, Wimborne BH21 4ED http://www.pamphilldairy.co.uk/
- Orchard Park, Shaftsbury Road, Gillingham, Dorset. SP8 5JG. http://www.orchardpark.biz/contact-dorset-garden-centre/
- Ashburton Delicatessen, 16 High Street, Ashburton, Devon. TQ13 7QD 01364 652 277 – www.ashburtondelicatessen.co.uk/
- The Shops at Dartington, Shinners Bridge, Dartington, Devon, TQ96TQ 01803 847526 – www.shopsatdartington.co.uk
- The Deli at Dartmouth, 22 Duke Street, Dartmouth TQ6 9PZ 01803 833200 http://www.thedeliatdartmouth.co.uk/#welcome
- Buckfast Abbey, Buckfastleigh, Devon, TQ11 0EE. 01364 645500 http://www.buckfast.org.uk/
- Darts Farm Village, Topsham, Exeter EX3 0QH 01392 878200 http://www.dartsfarm.co.uk/
- Lifton Farmshop , Lifton, Devon, PL16 0DE 01566 784605 http://www.liftonfarmshop.co.uk/
- Ilsington Village Shop, Old Town Hall, Ilsington, Newton Abbott, Devon. TQ13 9RG http://www.ilsingtonvillageshop.co.uk/
- Temple Guiting Village Shop, Temple Guilting, Cheltenham, Glos. GL54 5RS. 01451 850577
- Webbs of Wychbold , Worcester Rd, Droitwich Spa WR9 0DG 01527 860000 https://www.webbsdirect.co.uk/ - new food hall
- The Dutch Nursery, Great North Road, Brookmans Park, Hatfield, Herts AL9 6ND https://www.dutchnurserygardencentre.co.uk/ – food hall
Hampstead Café, 12 Heath Street ,Hampstead, London NW3 6TE. Telephone: 07964 323 723. served hot
- Franklins Farm shop, 155 Lordship Ln, Dulwich, London SE22 8HX 020 8693 3992 http://www.franklinsrestaurant.com/
- Panzers, Panzer Delicatessen, 13-19 Circus Rd, St John’s Wood, London NW8 6PB http://www.panzers.co.uk/
- +Moghul Chicken Curry - £7.50 per portion - 375g
Originates from Northern Gujarat and is made from fresh tomatoes in a yogurt creamy based sauce flavoured with cardamom, fresh coriander, lemon juice and ground almonds. It is a great family pleaser. Achieved 2* Great Taste 2016 Delicious accompanied with rice and chapattis. Heat rating mild/medium. Allergens : contains dairy
- +Classic Chicken Curry - £6.50 per portion - 375g
A wonderful succulent pieces of chicken thigh meat cooked in a spiced masala made from sautéed onions, fresh ginger, pink garlic and finger chillies, tomatoes cooked with cumin, cassia, turmeric and homemade garam masala. The curry is topped with fresh coriander. Heat rating medium. Champion Ready meal 2017 Taste of the West, Achieved a 1* Great Taste 2015. It is a great family pleaser. Delicious accompanied with rice and chapattis
- +The Best Ever Lamb and Spinach Curry (MED) - £9.50 per portion - 375g
The dish uses West county shoulder of lamb, local rapeseed oil, and is cooked in sautéed onions infused with a secret blend of spices, fresh tomatoes, spinach and home grown fenugreek leaves. Achieved 2* Great Taste 2014. Heat rating mild /medium. The dish is superb when eaten with freshly cooked rice and a simple side salad
- +Delhi Matar Paneer - £7.50per portion - 375g
A family favourite. Made from cubes of Indian cheese in a garden pea, yogurt and spicy tomato base sauce. Achieved a 2* Great Taste 2015. It’s an alternative to eating meat and tastes lovely with rice and fresh chapattis. Heat rating medium. Allergens: contains dairy
- +Potato and Coconut Curry - £6.50 per portion - 375g
A family friendly dish. Made from cubes of potatoes, cooked in coconut oil, simple spicing and finished with creamy full fat coconut milk and fresh coriander. Achieved 2* Great Taste 2016. Heat rating mild/medium. Tastes lovely with fresh chapattis with a Gujarati dal. Allergens : contains mustard seeds. Suitable for vegans
- +Gujarati Toor dhal - £6.50per portion - 375g
Toor dhal is delicately infused with spices, jaggery, fresh tomatoes, fresh coriander and curry leaf. Achieved a 1* Great Taste 2014. Heat rating mild. Allergens: contains mustard It is a delicious and unusual dish which can be eaten with rice and yogurt. Suitable for vegans.