Spiced Mushroom and Coconut Curry
2 tbsp rapeseed oil
2 cloves garlic finely chopped
2 chillies chopped
3 shallots finely sliced
225g closed cup mushrooms washed and thickly sliced or a selection of exotic mushrooms
150ml coconut milk (full fat)
2 tbsp fresh coriander washed and chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
pinch of turmeric powder
1. Hear the oil in the saucepan on a medium setting.
2. Add the chopped garlic and chillies and fry until the garlic turns brown around the edges.
3. Next, add the sliced shallots, and fry for 2-3 minutes until soft. Then add the turmeric, mushrooms and fry for a further 3 minutes.
4. Pour in the coconut milk, increase the heat and bring to a boil and continue to boil until the liquid is reduced by half and coats the mushrooms.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Sprinkle with coriander and stir into the mushroom curry.